Membership and Affiliates
Member Registration and Mandate click here to access Form
INOFO invites all Organic Farmer Organizations to join in INOFO’s Mission and Vision.
An Organic Farmer Organization where organic farmers are the highest decision making power may be eligible to become a member.
BECOMING A MEMBER OF INTER-CONTINENTAL NETWORK OF ORGANIC FARMER ORGANISATIONS (INOFO)
It is often asked, why should a farmer organisation become a member of INOFO, what are the benefits and what does it cost.
For those within INOFO, we ask, what is the role of the farmer organisation in INOFO and what can they do to serve other farmer organisations, globally.
BENEFITS OF JOINING INOFO
As a farmer organisation, joining a national organic farmers organisation, who in turn is a member of a regional or international farmer organisation has many benefits, namely:
- We are the farmer platform for IFOAM Organics International which, as a community, helps drive our organic narrative
- Being a member of a larger constituency is acknowledged when lobbying for our farmer rights – not just a lone voice
- Farmers are representing our voice and therefore are advocating from our position, and not anyone else’s
- Farmers learn from farmers – sharing our work regionally and internationally, we find a wealth of information amongst ourselves, that is pragmatic, especially on topics like seed, local supply chains and participatory guarantee systems, etc.
- Being part of the funding proposal concept stage, as opposed to being a beneficiary of projects which often only caters to some of our challenges
- Invitations to participate in events pertinent to farmer organisations, that would not necessarily be visible/open to an individual farmer organisation.
- Join to become a member as an Organic Farmer Organization With voting rights at General Assembly or contact us to become an supporter (individually/organization)
After Submitting the form, INOFO will vet the application within 14 days and will confirm your membership after successful approval.
Complete and submit to INOFO through email@example.com