Intercontinental Network of Organic Farmers Organisations, co-organised the first International webinar on “Organic Sri Lanka: On the Path to Sustainability” along with Lanka Organic Agriculture Movements (LOAM), IFOAM Asia, IFOAM Organics International, Regeneration International and Global Alliance for Organic Districts (GOAD). We had a total of 202 participants in the zoom room and another 279 who watched it on facebook live. After the key note presentations from Dr Hans Herren (President, Millennium Institute, Creator of Biovision Foundation), Dr Vandana Shiva (Chair of Navdanya, Recipient of the Right Livelihood Award), Dr. Ranil Senanayake (Founder – International Analog Forestry Network) and Andre Leu (Director, Regeneration International, Author of the “Myths of Safe Pesticides”), INOFO President, Ms Shamika Mone gave the solidarity support from the Inter-continental Network of Organic farmers Organisations. She said, “As organic farming is a knowledge intensive activity there is an enormous difference of being a staff in an organisation and being on the fringes and to actually get into the farm field and grow your own food for a living. Hence, we must include expert organic farmers on ground for knowledge sharing among farmers and for organic to have a wider reach and extension through the Governments. Else as the experience shows the plan will rarely reach to completion of 100% Organic. She extended knowledge sharing support from the expert Sri Lankan farmers as well as internationally through INOFO.
INOFO commits to supporting organic farmers on the ground
- May 13, 2023A lot of the discourse surrounding Sri Lanka's move to legislated organic farming, attempts to frame organic farming as inefficient…
- May 13, 2023Watch and listen to our summary presentation our Asian convenors made at the UN 2021 FSS presentations.
- May 13, 2023INOFO Global is delighted to announce the launch of the first INOFO Global Strategic Plan.
- May 13, 2023INOFO was founded in 2008 as a self-organised structure of organic farmer organisations within the IFOAM Organics International Network.
- May 13, 2023The INOFO Asia Independent dialogue was held on June 15 with around 70 participants from Asian countries namely India, Philippines,…